It's hard to believe it, but another program year is coming to an end. Wednesday, June 21st will be our final dinner meeting for the 2016-2017 season. The evening will mark our 36th Annual Fellows' Night, where we recognize the continuing contributions that NCMA Fellows provide to our Chapter and the acquisition community. We will also be recognizing three members who have recently been named Fellows - Dick Ginman, Brad Westergren, and Gerry Zaffos!
In addition to recognizing the Fellows, we are honored to welcome the current members of the Federal Acquisition Regulatory (FAR) Council:
- Claire M. Grady - Director, Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy (DPAP)
- Jeffrey A. Koses - Senior Procurement Executive, GSA
- William P. McNally - Assistant Administrator for Procurement, NASA
The FAR Council was established to assist in the direction and coordination of Government-wide procurement policy and Government-wide procurement regulatory activities in the Federal Government. The Council manages, coordinates, controls, and monitors the maintenance and issuance of changes in the FAR.
Our moderator will be Ms. Grady's predecessor at DPAP, Dick Ginman. Expect the panel to address many important issues, including -
- How changes to the FAR occur, and the roles the Civilian Agency Acquisition Council (CAAC) and Defense Acquisition Regulations Council (DARC) play in the process
- The regulatory agenda and "hot" FAR cases
- What changing technology means for the FAR
Please join us for the final dinner meeting of the program year. Fellows' Night and the FAR Council will make for a memorable evening.