NCMA DC is honored to welcome our distinguished speaker:
Kevin Brancato, Senior Defense Analyst, Bloomberg Government
Accounting for more than 68% of federal procurement spending in FY2013, the Department of Defense often serves as a bellwether for acquisition policy and budgetary trends that ultimately disseminate across the civilian agencies. Recognizing the important role that the Pentagon plays in federal contracting, the NCMA DC Chapter is pleased to welcome Dr. Kevin Brancato, a Senior Defense Analyst with Bloomberg Government, as he takes on challenging questions such as:
- How will the size of the defense market in 2015 differ from the 2014?
- Which strategic and budget trends may be more important than changes in acquisition policy as drivers for contracting?
- What are the Pentagon's priorities for FY2015 and beyond?
- The defense budget plan exceeds spending caps in FY2016 and beyond. If they don't get the additional money, what will they cut?
- What's the status of the big new multiple award contracts for defense products and services?
Kevin Brancato is a Senior Defense Analyst with Bloomberg Government. He writes about the U.S. defense budget, major weapon systems, foreign military sales, new billion-dollar federal contracting opportunities and acquisition trends. Before joining Bloomberg, he was a management scientist at the RAND Corporation, where he analyzed weapon system costs and defense manpower policies. He received a B.A. in math and statistics from Columbia University and a Ph.D. in economics from George Mason University.
Follow Kevin on Twitter: @kevinbrancato
Note: All registrations payments are final. Registration transfers are permissible up to Friday April 11th at 5:30 pm. To transfer your registration to another individual, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration closes on Wednesday April 16th @ 6:30 PM.