- Clarissa Peterson, Chief Human Resources Officer and Ethics Officer, Abt Associates (Moderator)
- Jan Frye, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Acquisition & Logistics, Department of Veterans Affairs (Senior Panelist)
- Gil Smith, President, YRCI, Inc (Senior Panelist)
- Giovanni Onwuchekwa, Procurement Analyst, Office of IT Schedule Programs, GSA (Young Professional Panelist)
- Jennifer Covell, Contract Manager, AC4S Inc (Young Professional Panelist)
Both panels may be expanded, but expect a full contact audience participation event!
Please join the Washington Chapter for an evening of insightful discussions with some of the best and brightest acquisition professionals in the field. This lively discussion will focus on developing your acquisition or contracting career both inside government or seeking success in industry – and combinations of both. This event will likely be one of the most important dinner meetings you will ever attend.
Some Topics to be discussed include:
- How did the senior leaders and their generation get to the top – and stay there?
- How best to prepare for a career that reaches the top – do I really want it?
- What are senior leaders looking for in hiring - and subsequent promotion?
- How do we create a multi-generational workplace that builds on all strengths and styles?
Some questions for you are:
- Contracting Officer or Policy Analyst – which is better for me?
- How do I find “a leader to die for” who, in turn, will break barriers for me?
- Industry, Government or a combination of both – and, when?
- What do industry leaders expect – compare and contrast?