The contract management workforce is facing one of its greatest challenges ever—the workforce is aging and retiring at a pace faster than the next generation is replacing them. The Contract Management Leadership Development Program (CMLDP) is designed to help develop the next generation of acquisition and NCMA leaders through an intensive year-long educational experience.
Applications for the 2017-2018 CMLDP class will be accepted starting May 1, 2017, and ending June 30, 2017. For questions, please contact Cecelia L. Davis (Chapter’s CMLDP Chair) at email@example.com.
The CMLDP provides top-quality education in fundamental leadership, association volunteerism, NCMA governance, and contract management. Participants can expect to:
- Gain access and career connections to top government and industry leadership in the contract management profession;
- Receive career guidance and assignment feedback from two senior contracting professional mentors throughout the program year;
- Network with NCMA leadership at the national and chapter level;
- Apply learned leadership skills in small and large group assignments, preparing participants to bring new skillsets back to the workplace;
- Join classmates and faculty at in-person training events;
- Participate in a series of webinars on fundamental leadership skills and their application in the acquisition workforce;
- Write a graduate-level research paper on a contract management topic, with the possibility of publication in Contract Management Magazine or the Journal of Contract Management; and
- Receive 180 CPE hours.